Saturday, February 4, 2012

Comparison: L'Oreal Safari Chic VS Essie Sew Psyched

Good afternoon! Here I have the 2nd of my L'Oreal Safari Chic comparisons. I have placed Safari Chic next to Essie Sew Psyched. Being as L'Oreal is the parent company of Essie, I was fully expecting dupes--and I got what I expected. I can't tell a smidge of difference between the two. 
Shown is 3 thin coats of each (you could easily get by with 2 medium coats) and no topcoat, no basecoat.




The formulas were approximately the same, though the L'Oreal brush is much larger & wider. Application with both was easy, no problems to be noted. So what are the differences between the two polishes? The L'Oreal is $4-5, and the Essie is $8, nearly double the price. If one is only choosing between these 2, I would recommend the Essie as Essie itself does not test on animals, though its parent company does. Plus, I love Essie's bottles & brushes and I think the L'Oreal style is kind of tacky. However, I think that Sonia Kashuk Fatigued is a great choice too- $4-5, cute bottle & good brush, barely distinguishable from either of these two, and from a cruelty-free company. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment